Monday, March 3, 2008

Revelations

What a weekend! I swear, this is the first I got to sit down, although, yesterday, I did a lot of sitting. This just seems like the first relaxing time I suppose.

Where to begin:

Friday - what a nightmare. Friday was a prime example of why I hate the winter. Apparently, all of the works departments did not notice it was snowing at 11 am. I guess they figured it would have stopped sooner then it did. Traffic was a nightmare, I was late picking up Kam from the bus, her bus was late, I had to shovel the frickin' sidewalk - AGAIN (guess Erik doesn't know what or where the shovel is)....pretty much - I was in a bitchy mood.

Saturday was much much better. No snowflakes falling when I woke up at 4 am because the G.D. cat was hungry and he wanted the whole house to know it. Sometimes I want to accidentally let him outside just to see how long he would last out there. Bet he would never leave the porch.

Late Saturday afternoon, I carted my heiny to Aliquippa to help a dear dear friend move. So I hardly worked, no big deal. Here was the extent of my "help" - contact paper. It was tough laying on the floor putting it in cabinets that are waist deep, let me tell you. Oh yeah, and I had to carry a case of beer into the house. Whew!!! Exhausting!!

After all of Dave's helpers (read: family) left for the night - it was just me and him. In the 6+ years I have known him, I can honestly say that I have NEVER had a heart to heart with him like we did Saturday night. I was there until 3am. I probably could have talked all night with him. Oh wait, I did. It's strange, but he and I are very similar. I know a lot more about him now then I did before. And I am thankful.

Sunday was a lazy day due to the lack of sleep from said night. That and stupid cat again with his hungry meow...which on this night was IMPOSSIBLE because I fed him when I got home at 4am. Nice try buster.

Today - my 9 and 1 day off....I work 9 out of 10 days and get 1 day off. A godsend...for real. Grocery shopping consumed the morning then it was back to Aliquippa for some more helping.

Back in time for dinner and the pre-requiste shower. Now it's time to get Kam into bed and I am about to call it a day.

No comments: