Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In here...it's always Monday

I swear...Tuesdays anymore are my Mondays. I absolutely hate them!

For example, here is a look at how my day went today (**NOTE: Keep in mind, it is Tuesday, not Monday, but when you are done, you will surely be thinking, Wait up...is it Monday?**)

1. Apparently, I forget how to dress myself. I was dressed a total of 4 hours BEFORE I realized the zipper was down on my capri's.

2. Yesterday (a.k.a. The Real Monday) ~ I was feeling a bit froggy and decided to work this beast of a Provision Build at work. (Don't ask what it is - it's better that you NOT know). Guess who is still working it today? Yeah - me. Guess who will still be working it tomorrow? Yeah - me. Although I have already set my mind to finishing it by 7 am. I will, gosh darn it.

3. As if totally draining all brain power at work wasn't enough, I am in the middle of what I am dubbing "The Great Kitchen Re-do '08" - could possibly extend into "The Great Kitchen Re-do '09" if you have met me and my "home improvement" projects. The cabinets are done and now it is on to priming the walls which are this hideous 70's type material. So that should take about 2 or 3 coats of Kilz BEFORE I can even THINK about painting. Good news on the painting front - I only have to paint from 3 feet and above as I am putting bead board up. Too bad for the next owner (unless of course you are the next owner, then please know those walls are painted Teepee Brown all of the way down to the floor). Anyway ~ I digress ~ I went to pick up the pantry that had to be put together. Managed to do that all by myself AND the first time at that! Then I moved onto removing the range hood. Seemed like a good idea. Not sure WHY I thought the light and fan magically worked on their own. Wadda ya know? They are connected to some power supply. So here I am all by myself holding up this heavy, dirty range hood trying to screw it back in. 3 of the 4 screws are back in...no idea where that 4th one went. Don't really care at this point either. And oh yes, all of this AFTER a shower. Smart Les, real smart.

4. My laptop has decided it no longer wants to pick up my wireless network and I have no idea how to fix it. I have disconnected, reconnected, diagnosed the "problem" (even though I still don't know what the "problem" is), unplugged the modem et al. Still no clue. So now I sit in the smelly ManCave basement (I knew there was a reason why I don't come down here)....not too happy.

5. Kam is running around the house singing something about being at the circus and she will be freezing by the time I am finished with this. We will just see about this.

Following is a list of positives about today:
1. Tomorrow is Wednesday and is the last day I have to go to work until Monday. The end.

No comments: