Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bad Bunny

Is it too lazy of me to hide the candy filled eggs AND the Easter basket in the same spot? I mean, it's 9 pm and I am exhausted from a day of baking in preparation of the "holiday 2 mile travel" that occurs on every holiday. Goes a little something like this:

~Wake up at the butt crack of dawn
~Get ready to get out the door because we have to be at the in-law's for "brunch" at some ungodly hour - and for what??? We don't eat until 11:30am. Oh I know, so we can see how long it takes for Kam to get angry with Pap Pap because he won't let her watch her kid shows in his family room.
~Eat brunch (estimated time it takes to eat: 10 minutes)
~Women stay in the dining room, men retreat to family room - surely it's time to start drinking now. Did I mention the same stories are told over and over and over again? Did you know kids aren't allowed in Chicago? How about Erik was the worst child ever because he hid in the clothes racks at the mall when he was 8 when his cousin and her friend took him there? (estimated time it takes for one, if not all of these stories to appear: 5 minutes into meal or 15 minutes upon arrival at the in-laws)
~I get bored with the festivities at this location and am quite frankly ready to go home for the remainder of the day. But whoa is me, we have to go to my parent's house now for the same food - which, at this point, I am tied of already. Bonus***we get to take leftovers home? Awesome! I didn't eat your Green Bean Casserole at your house, what makes you think I will eat it at home?

Holidays, any more, are a bear. However, I refuse to have anyone over my house because I would probably be kicking them out after they have only been there for 20 minutes.

3 comments:

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

I hear ya. you know what. We began FOOTING OUR FOOTS DOWN.

Holidays occur at OUR HOUSE. We only go OUT when WE feel like it.

And My eggs are hidden : seperate from the baskets you YOU YOU..

EASTER GRINCH.

:)

hAPPY ONE TO YOU and your fam.
d

and YES.. findling! say hi!

Anonymous said...

Lou, you are still hilarious. And I hear ya on all accounts of this post.

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

I run at a pace of 4.6 to be able to do the distance. You are running too fast I bet.

When i hit the END.. and Im' pushing myslef to finish.. usually more distance than i've run the previous day: i go up to like 5. or more. But that' s just like insane running with no other purpose but to finish...llol