Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Things not to do 2 weeks before vacation

I am taking my very first "big girl" "no kid, no husband" vacation. And not only am I going BY MYSELF, I am going across country. Yes, that's right. No chance of Kam or Erik showing up where I will be. Just trying to figure out how to miss the non-important phone calls - better yet, how I will be able to differentiate without saying "hello". I still have time to work on that.

So joy of joys - Kam came home Monday and proudly announced that a classmate had chicken pox.

RED ALERT RED ALERT

Ok so she is only 5 and I hardly believe anything she says unless I have been witness to it myself. So the skeptic in me emailed her teacher to find out the answer. Did that at work Tuesday morning...right after I called Kam off of school because she had a 104 fever. Super. Right to Webmd.com I went. Why I went there again, I have no idea because the last time I frequented that sight, it told me I could possibly have brain cancer. By the by - no other symptoms have appeared for said BC so I am assuming they were WRONG (Ha take that "Dr's". I'm sure they just play one on TV). Great - fever is a pre cursor. What what? Be on the look out for febrile seizures. Oh man. Oh here's a tasty little nugget....guess who won't take medicine for ANYTHING? Yeah - there was a cough developing Sunday so I promptly went out and bought those dissolving cough strips in Yummy Berry (yeah right). Kam had it on her tongue for all of 3 seconds before she gagged so hard twice she threw up right in the living room. Panic ensued Tuesday - I left work early. Erik left work early. We lounged around all day. Watched Bee Movie. Checked her temperature at least 50 times an hour....just to be sure. I got to sleep with her at night (and I use the word sleep loosely) - what a nightmare. Every off breath she took, every 2 minutes she was up staring at me...yikes. Scary. So her fever broke early this morning but I made the Presidential decision that she will be missing school again today (and at this point I would like to make a side note that I am having THE hardest time writing this because the 5 year old kid and the 33 year old kid are bickering on the couch and I CANNOT THINK...almost typed SLEEP there....see....total distraction)

Anyway, where was I going with this. I have no idea. Oh yeah...2 weeks until I leave this breeding ground of germs.

What you don't want to do 2 weeks before vacation is start shopping for a bathing suit. I have done way too much research for something that I truly despise and will hate wearing the rest of this summer. So my day tomorrow is going to consist of eating no breakfast or lunch and trying to find a suit that I like. Why am I getting the feeling that I am going to be settling for the oversized T shirt over the ugly one piece??

4 comments:

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Oh dude. I'm all over the tankini with the cute little skirted bottom. I found one in ocean city that has UNDERWIRE: and FITS like a gem. i PAID THROUGH THE NOSE FOR IT.. but I have no need to suit shop this eyar!@!

I may be skinny someday.. but time has done it's job on my lower half. I will always have some sort of coverage.

Poor Kam.

Jenn's son won't take medicine either. Where are YOU GOING???/

Me said...

WEST COAST BABY!! I fly into LA where my friends live and then we are driving to Vegas the next day for the weekend. And since Erik is all PMS'ing today and we already had a super blowout (right around 8 am - I think it is a record) I cannot wait to get out of here.

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Kiss those di for me and THROW EM BABY! cOM'ON BIG MONEY: OR .. IS IT NO WHAMMY.. or lucky 6's?

Jk

lmaooo
Yahhh you .

Such fun.
Live every moment: kam will be fine and so will attilla the hun who fights at 8 am. That's a great strategy by the way. One for the books as you say! My advice is this: when you think you are so tired that you absolutely cannot stay out any longer; dance another minute: lose any more money. DO IT.
I want photographic evidence! No throwing the picture phone into the pool!

Me said...

I am sure there will be PLENTY of pics to go around. I found a lovely tankini today at Target. Not bad - fell in under the $40 requirement as well. My luck is changing!